We are currently looking to hire a career-minded candidate for the position of Assistant Store Manager.
An Assistant Store Manager ensures that Groundwork's Retail Operating Philosophy is understood, embraced, and modeled by all team members as a means of strengthening our core values. Additionally, the Assistant Manager drives for results; continuously seeking improvements to enable store, and company growth. Assistant managers are inspirational leaders at Groundwork. They expand and deepen passion by supporting their Store Manager, building strong and well developed store teams, ensuring unequaled quality, engaging customers, running clean and organized stores, driving speed of service and conducting themselves within the ethical, legal, and moral boundaries consistent with Groundwork's values.
• Support the Store Manager in the areas of recruiting, hiring, and training Baristas, including but not limited to new hire training, orientation, and development;
• Increase profit, sales and control operating expenses by ensuring upkeep of store and equipment;
• Coach, train, and provide performance feedback to all store employees;
• Resolve all customer and store issues in a timely manner;
• Must be able to perform all duties of a Barista;
• Ensure all store equipment is regularly maintained and calibrated. Respond to equipment issues in a timely fashion;
• Consistent involvement and delivery of the highest quality coffees, teas, beverages and baked goods in accordance with Groundwork's distinguishing quality standards;
• Provide ongoing coaching and training on product freshness and quality and ensure that it is a priority for store team;
• Third wave coffee experience preferred;
• Food/beverage experience;
• Valid ServSafe or Food Handlers certification;
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions;
• Math skills (add, subtract, divide, and multiply);
• Ability to work and think independently, make quality decisions in the absence of a Store Manager;
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
• Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays;
• Demonstrated ability to sell and increase sales in a retail environment;
• Ability to create a positive work environment and demonstrate excellent customer service;
• Prioritize and handle multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency;
• Ability to communicate effectively under pressure;
• Ability to lead teams and effectively delegate;
If you love a great cup of coffee and are motivated, enthusiastic, and want to work for a company that values its employees, then please apply today!
Groundwork Coffee specializes in batch-roasted, certified organic coffees and artisanal teas. From our humble roots as a rare book store and cafe back in 1990, Groundwork would go on to become one of the first certified organic coffee roasters in Southern California, as well as the largest organic coffee roaster in Los Angeles. A truly local pioneer in fair trade and fairly traded coffee and tea sourcing, we remain committed to sustainable business practices, including maintaining direct relationships with growers and importers who promote responsible coffee and tea production. From the ground up, Groundwork is steadfast in its commitment to the values of quality, sustainability and community.
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.