- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Hotel Figueroa has welcomed guests to Downtown Los Angeles since 1926 with its historic unconventional purpose and style. Ninety years later and after more than a year of transformation and renovation, we celebrate the reopening of our property in the midst of a rebirth of the Downtown community, set to reopen 2018.
Downtown Los Angeles’ burgeoning city scene is about to experience a culinary renaissance with the launch of two new restaurants and four bars located at the historic Hotel Figueroa, To develop and execute the various food and beverage concepts for the hotel. F&B Management Company APICII (www.apicii.com) has partnered with four-time James Beard Award nominated Chef Casey Lane, Executive Chef and Owner of the Tasting Kitchen in Venice Beach, CA., and industry leader in craft bartending Dushan Zaric, the mastermind behind world-famous New York bars Employees Only and Macao Trading Company.
A unique opportunity to be part of our opening team exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain a high level of Integrity, standards of quality and guest satisfaction.
- Minimum of 2 years New York City experience in a Sommelier or wine focused position
- Advanced Wine Knowledge
- A high regard for hospitality
- Have strong leadership skills, a great attitude, strong work ethic, and ability to communicate and interrupt instructions clearly
- Open availability
- Well-versed in and able to sell our list of wines and spirits to best compliment dishes
- Extensive Food & Beverage knowledge with a solid understanding of beer and spirits
Downtown, Los Angeles: Hotel Figueroa is privileged to share this city with some of the world’s most dynamic fashion, film, music, art and other creative organizations. Our design pays homage to the hotel's rich history and connection to the city, embracing the blend of business, entertainment and creativity that LA embodies.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent learning environment