Community Project Coordinator
- $18.00 - $21.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
We are looking for a dynamic individual to fill the role of Community Projects Coordinator. The Community Projects Coordinator interfaces with various community organizations as it relates to VVSD residents and veterans. Establish and maintain contact with representatives of other organizations to exchange and update information on resources and services available to veterans. Responsible for Stand Down Volunteers, Homeless Court Program and other programs as assigned by COO, acts as liaison with various Community-based partners, which benefit veterans including but not limited to Thomas Jefferson School of Law Veterans Clinic and DLA Piper Expungement Clinic.
Interface with various community organizations as it relates to VVSD residents and veterans. Establish and maintain contact with representatives of other organizations to exchange and update information on resources and services available to veterans. Responsible for Stand Down Volunteers, Homeless Court Program and other programs as assigned by COO, acts as liaison with various Community-based partners, which benefit veterans including but not limited to Thomas Jefferson School of Law Veterans Clinic and DLA Piper Expungement Clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain contact with representatives of other organizations to exchange and update information on resources and services available
- Incorporate and implement programs which would benefit the resident population
- Promote and coordinate activities of agencies, groups, and individuals to meet identified needs
- Liaison for all legal programs at VVSD
- Homeless Court Program Coordinator:
- Screen clients for HCP eligibility
- Provide guidance and support to clients throughout the HCP process
- Liaison with Public Defender’s Office, District Attorney’s Office, and SD Superior Court
- Maintain VVSD stakeholder status and program integrity by serving on the SD County HCP Steering Committee
- Attend monthly Steering Committee and Provider Network meetings
- Host the HCP every other month
- Collaborate with other HCP municipalities nationwide to clear unresolved cases
- Track monthly outcomes for statistical purposes
- Stand Down Volunteer Coordinator:
- Determine volunteer staffing needs and utilize Initlive to build an extensive electronic volunteer registration system for a very large three day National event
- Perform Community Outreach to build and maintain relations with individuals, corporations, and local military units
- Recruit and register 1600 individual and group volunteers for pre-Stand Down events, the event itself, and post-Stand Down
- Train Volunteer Desk staff
- Stand Down Application Liaison:
- Register 600-800 Veteran participants
- Establish and maintain contact with Stand Down application sites county-wide
- Furnish and retrieve applications from application sites county-wide.
- Train application site staff
- Process applications with VA, DCSS, and Superior Court, and coordinate data entry
- Liaison with VA to ensure participants are eligible Veterans
- Liaison with DCSS to ensure participants have access to case review
- Liaison with SD Superior Court to ensure Stand Down participants are processed
- Other duties and programs as assigned by COO or supervisor
- BA in Health and Human Services or related field or equivalent experience
- Basic understanding of the military and the Veterans Administration
- Some knowledge of alcoholism and drug addiction recovery processes
- Ability to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Veteran status preferred
- Experience coordinating projects within the San Diego community
- Valid California driver’s license, vehicle insurance, CPR and First Aid certification
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, work all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.