- $18.00 - $21.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing hours worked at the appropriate rates and maintaining HRIS database to generate accurate payrolls and payroll journal entries for 10-15 restaurant specific clients each week.
· Responsible for securely maintaining accurate employee information in payroll database
· Handles the set up and response paperwork for employee garnishments and/or support orders
· Sets up deductions and deduction goals in payroll database
· Interprets client’s vacation, sick and PTO policies to set up and maintain automatic accruals in the payroll database
· Exports payroll data from polling software and analyzes it for accuracy
· Processes accurate payrolls for multiple clients each week
· Generates journal entries for all payrolls that are processed and posts them weekly
· Generates, posts and reverses payroll accruals on a period end basis when necessary
· Maintains and updates the GL mapping to ensure accurate payroll journal entries can automatically be generated with minimal manual entry
· Updates the cash flow tool with payroll entries
· Generates check reconciliation files for paycheck data and ensures it ties to the payroll journal entry. Uploads these on a weekly basis
· Regularly communicates with and advises clients on payroll or HR best practices
· Acts as a liaison between client and payroll service provider, communicating regularly with the payroll service providers to resolve technical issues, payroll tax issues, direct deposit concerns and any other relevant client service issues
· Occasionally communicates with the EDD or other appropriate agencies to resolve client questions or concerns
· Prepares earnings statements upon client’s request
· Cuts from and posts manual checks when necessary
· Aids clients with gathering data or generating customized reports for workers compensation audits or other payroll related audits
· Works on special projects as assigned
· A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance or related field or equivalent experience is required.
· A minimum of two years progressive payroll experience in a full cycle, multi-client or similar environment required.
Mise En Place Restaurant Services, Inc. provides full service accounting, financial advisory and consulting services to restaurants in Southern California. We know that all good chefs are adamant about mise en place in the kitchen and our goal at MEPRS is to help restaurants build more profitable businesses by maintaining order with their accounting systems, back office procedures and overall reporting. Using some of the newest accounting software available Mise En Place provides analytical and procedural tools available in the cloud to allow owners and operators the ability to manage and approve back office procedures remotely. MEPRS doesn’t only focus on streamlined reporting but streamlined processes for the restaurant as well. We offer different levels of service and reporting to meet the needs of the fledgling start-up restaurateur and also the needs of the most sophisticated operators in the industry.
Our services range from affordable, basic accounting and reporting services to premium services which include basic reporting but also provide budgets, benchmarking statistics and monthly advisory meetings. We also provide consulting services to restaurants with those services ranging from preparation of financial projections for business plans to operational reviews and menu pricing to business valuations.
Founded in early 2012 by Elissa Phillips, former Vice President at Vine Solutions, Mise En Place Restaurant Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing restaurants with relevant and useful information so that owners and management can effectively run the day to day operations.