Assistant General Manager
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the venue and direct supervision of the venue management team. Ensures all Lucky Strike standards, policies and procedures are adhered to. Ensure that guest satisfaction is a number one priority of the venue team. Maintain personal integrity by abiding to and supporting Lucky Strike’s core values and principals through leadership, positive attitude and with joyful energy.
The Assistant General Manager’s duties include the following but are not limited to:
- Ensuring guest experience and satisfaction.
- Ensures the highest quality product that meets all Lucky Strike standards and our guest’s expectations.
- Oversees the recruitment and hiring of the venue team to Lucky Strike’s standards.
- Oversees in conjunction with the General Manager, the recruitment and hiring of the venue management team.
- Adheres to and maintains Lucky Strike’s training procedures and standards.
- Ensures that all team members are successfully trained.
- Oversees the ongoing training and development of the unit level management team members and has the ability to recognize individual’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Maintains an “Open Door” policy. Conducts staff meetings at regular intervals. Ensures daily shift meetings and communication secessions occur.
- Ensures a positive and creative work environment for all team members and management.
- Facilitates proper communication between all departments. Provides proper coaching and counseling to the venue team.
- Enforces responsible alcohol service management, practices and training.
The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager in all facets of the venue operation in regards to financial management, specifically:
- Participates in preparing annual budget
- Ensures that venue budgetary goals are meet
- Participates in developing long and short term plans for revenue growth and cost control increases
- Works in conjunction with the General Manager to build the business through community involvement, marketing and networking
- Ensures that Food and Beverage COS, Controllable expenses and labor costs are within budgetary guidelines
- Ensures systems are in place and adhered to for all cost controls and inventories
- Monitors labor cost and team member’s scheduling process to ensure budgetary goals are met while maintaining appropriate staffing levels to ensure quality guests experience
- Ensures proper cash handling procedures are followed
- All financial reporting is produced in a timely, accurate and thorough manner that meets Lucky Strike’s accounting standards
- Oversees and participants in the physical inventory process
- Assists General Manger with the venue forecasting process
Venue Vibe and Ambience
- Responsible for the upkeep of the physical elements and atmosphere of the venue. Music, lighting, temperature, cleanliness, line of sight, repair and maintenance of the FFE, safety of guest and the team AND creating an exciting environment with joyful energy.
- Ensure that “Proven Programs” are in place and used to Lucky Strike standards.
- Ensures that all Lucky Strike marketing and promotional programs are implemented and executed to company standards.
- Quarterly Operating Plans are established and goals are met.
- Venue Inspections are at or above company standards. Substandard items are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Initiative /Action orientated
- Working relationships
- Accountability / Follow up
- Judgment / Analysis / Decisiveness
- Communication Skills (written / verbal)
- Coach and Mentor
- Development (self and subordinates)
- Entrepreneurial spirit / Creativity
- Minimum 5 years management experience in the Hospitality and / or Entertainment industry.
- Equivalent combination of the education and experience.
- Base knowledge of Legal and HR issues with regard to the hospitality industry. Federal, state and local laws regarding liquor, labor and health codes / statues.
- Computer literate.
Lucky Strike Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.