Regional Property Manager
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Fred Leeds Properties is a property management company that owns multi-family apartment communities across Southern California and Arizona. We focus on creating premium living experiences for all residents. Our affordable housing units offer residents exceptional service and residences to call home.
Under the direction of the Senior Property Manager, the Regional Property Manager will be responsible for maximizing the physical and financial operations of the assigned portfolio of multifamily housing and provide support and leadership to Fred Leeds Properties’ strategies and programs. The Regional Property Manager leads by example to attract, guide, develop, and mentor high-performing teams.
- Oversee apartment assets within the assigned regional portfolio.
- Oversee and evaluate personnel for all field positions. Ensure that the right functions and talent are in place within the assigned teams. Provide mentoring, training and career guidance to onsite team. Responsible to recruit, hire, and train onsite associates.
- Supervise and direct the efforts of onsite Managers and other associates to achieve budgeted property level goals and objectives.
- Oversee on-site administration and maintenance processes to ensure compliance with company’s procedures and policies.
- Partner with regional peers to develop and implement portfolio initiatives to continually improve business results. Formulate and oversee the implementation of annual business plans and short and long-term property operations strategies for each of the assigned properties within the portfolio.
- Continually evaluate each asset, identify key issues, and work with assigned team to develop and implement plans to improve property performance including:
- Income and expense budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
- Maintenance, asset preservation and capital improvements
- Marketing, competitive market analysis, and leasing plans
- Rent analysis and pricing strategy
- Communication, property administration, accounting
- Regular site tours and property inspections.
- Interact with multiple senior-level stakeholders including Construction, Development and corporate executive leadership.
- Ensure timely communication and successful hand-off of new projects from development team to property staff.
- Lead or assist in special projects, including due diligence, property acquisition or disposition, or managing the implementation of new initiatives.
- Lead the team with honesty and Integrity, building collaboration and teamwork, creating a rewarding, competitive environment, and delivering outstanding service
- Ensure all associates comply with safety guidelines and align all work practices with objective of zero accidents.
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
The successful candidate should preferably have a college degree and a minimum of 5 years of residential property management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in multifamily industry.
- Should have prior responsibility for multi-site portfolio.
- Demonstrate strong hands-on property level knowledge and understanding. Ability to walk a property to identify problems and create solutions, assess and evaluate on-site personnel and vendors, and create management strategies and business plans for long-term ownership. In other words, has both the experience and credibility to lead teams within the assigned region.
- Track record for and demonstrated capability as a proven leader including the ability to build strong and cohesive teams, and hold associates accountable while also providing the appropriate authority.
- Demonstrable track record of proven results with revenue generation, staff management and development, financials, and marketing.
- Current experience with Southern California apartment markets preferred, but not a requirement.
- Brings a current, best-of-breed perspective and high level of industry knowledge to this position. Will understand and have managed using best practices and key performance indicators.
- Has a demonstrated knowledge of and/or ability to quickly learn automated systems and software programs.
- Thinks creatively and strategically about a property’s performance in terms of meeting its stated objectives and specific budgetary requirements that are set forth yet can balance creativity with a disciplined approach and perspective.
- Detail oriented and organized; ability to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and senior management.
- Desire and willingness/ability to spend a significant amount of time out of the office meeting with property staff and reviewing properties and sub-markets (approximately 65-70% of work week spent out of the office at assigned properties). Must be available for routine travel throughout Greater Los Angeles.
- Highly computer/technology proficient and capable of using technology proactively throughout the business. Experience with Yardi a plus.
- A continuous learning mindset, constantly seeking to learn and improve.
- Ability to lead through inspiration and competency versus rank or position.
- Direct and open communication style.
The Regional Manager is based in the corporate office location but will also spend the majority of their time at apartment community sites. Regular travel to property locations is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, talk, hear, and use a telephone and personal computer. May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to drive to property locations during the course of work.
Fred Leeds Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Real Estate
- Customer Service