- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Hollywood Bowl Food + Wine is hiring knowledgeable & versatile Cooks to join our team of talented kitchen staff.
As a cook in one of the many kitchens here at The Hollywood Bowl, you'll be an essential member of our team. You'll gain experience working with a variety of dishes and tasks within that kitchen. You will help prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking individuals who have experience in the food service industry and are committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business. Prepare basic components of each dish on our menu using our proven recipes. Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen. Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet cleaning standards. Work with team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed. Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the Executive Chef.
- Working as a team member in a dynamic workplace, and to follow all the safety procedures, and must have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment
- Prepares all the food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner. •
- Follows recipes, controls, portion, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant. •
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of the products that is served. •
- Responsible for performing other related duties as assigned by the manager. •
- Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Handle, store and rotate all the products properly.
Spend your summer out under the stars at the legendary Hollywood Bowl, where you’ll gain experience working for James Beard Award-winning Chef, Suzanne Goin, and the rest of her elite culinary team-- all while the most epic playlists streams LIVE in the background! This iconic venue , home to the LA Philharmonic and the new Hollywood Bowl Food & Wine program (spearheaded by Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne), is celebrated around the world, and could be your home for the summer! Join us and elevate not only your resume, but, your overall experience in the world of food and service. The team here (FOH & BOH) is comprised of people who have come back every summer for more than TEN years— supplying that feeling that your part of something BIG, something fun, inspiring and lucrative! Come earn some extra cash to supplement that summer income all while gaining experience from the best in the business- and did I mention having a blast?! If you’re interested in joining this positive, hard-working group here are a few things to look forward to:
- Flexibility: It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for part or full-time employment— if you’re talented and dedicated we’ll find a place for you. Have a night gig working the line? We have positions open for the daytime. Looking for a full-time position, day and night? We’ve got that, too!
- Working within Suzanne Goin’s network will, without a doubt, open the door to many future opportunities. She’s shaped the culinary scene here in Los Angeles and continues to influence Chefs coming on the scene everyday.
- We have an outstanding group of people with a great work ethic who are reliable and positive, just waiting to welcome you to the team. Think of it like a summer camp for adults; where the money is good and the music is GREAT.
- Working at this Iconic venue allows you to be surrounded by a wide variety of entertainment such as:
- Dead & Co, Andrea Bocelli, Cyndi Lauper, Ozzy Osbourne, The Who, Glady's Knight
Don't miss the opportunity to join our amazing kitchen staff.