- $60K - $80K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Upper West Side dual concept restaurant seeks a General Manager who will work closely with all members of the restaurant’s management team to ensure the restaurant is operating according to the standards set by the executive management. The GM is expected to be hands on from the beginning to end of the guest experience – with guests, the Front of House team, and with Back of House team.
Location will be disclosed to qualified applicants during pre-screening.
- Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, and quality through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Work closely with executive chef to ensure execution of daily tasks.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Maintain budget related to labor and other costs.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, make hiring and termination decisions, and evaluate employee performance.
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of restaurant management experience
- Strong service, food and beverage knowledge required
- Detail oriented, organized and professional
- High volume, fast-paced, high profile restaurant experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- Strong computer skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of Toast POS is a plus.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. The Company reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at its discretion.
KitchenSync provides professional back office support to growth-minded restaurant operators throughout the US.
By combining extensive automation with human teams that are highly trained in the restaurant industry, we allow clients to focus on delivering great hospitality to their guests while we manage day-to-day business administration. From employee recruiting to financial reporting, KitchenSync offers a wide (and growing) range of services designed specifically for the restaurant industry.
With teams in Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, New York, and India, KitchenSync delivers around-the-clock support to many of the countries top restaurateurs.