- $80K - $100K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
The General Manager will work closely with all members of the restaurant’s management team to ensure the restaurant is operating according to the standards set by the executive management. The GM is expected to be hands on from the beginning to end of the guest experience – with guests, the Front of House team, and with Back of House team.
- Ensure that all restaurant policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs and followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, the appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Monitor budgets, payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation or food subsidies.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, make hiring and termination decisions, and evaluate employee performance.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel
- Administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of restaurant management experience
- Strong service, food and beverage knowledge required
- Detail oriented, organized and professional
- High volume, fast-paced, high profile restaurant experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
- Strong computer skills are a plus
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Paradiso reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Paradiso or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Seasonal Italian fare inspired by what is available. We take pride in sourcing local ingredients and providing our customers with warm, heartfelt experiences in the heart of the Lone Star State. We invite you into our neighborhood to share in this celebration.