HOUSEPERSON | DAYS INN HOLLYWOOD
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- An individual who likes being active all day and not in an office environment
- An independent worker can follow a task lists with minimal supervision
- An individual who is detailed oriented and enjoys enhancing the guest experience by ensuring the property interior and exterior areas are in excellent condition
The Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of public areas, building maintenance and managing the daily linen inventory.
- Clean rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine in all common areas
- Clean rooms, hallways and restrooms
- Washes walls and ceiling, moves furniture’s and turn mattress
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors in all common areas
- Dusts and polishes metalwork in all common areas
- Collects soiled linen
- Received linen supplies
- Removes trash collected by room attendants
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift to collect trash or soild linen
- Refill the par stock of linen on each floor
- Deliver towels, cribs, cots and other items to the guest rooms on requests
- Perform duties of housekeeping when necessary
- Sort linen, stock housekeeping closets
- Refill the par stock of guest aminities and supplies on each floor pantry.
- Help the housekeeping with the heavy lifting
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures
- Assist housekeeping with placing roll-ways beds, extra bed etc.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor
- Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other collegues
- Must be completely flexible with scheduling and be open to varied schedules every week based on hotel occupancies
- Follow uniform guideline
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by management
- Has a strong working knowledge of and passion for hospitality
- Strong leadership skills and is able to build a cohesive team to achieve the highest quality of customer service
- Displays a strong hands-on approach
- Thinks critically and objectively
- Guest service oriented
- Strong knowledge of cleaning products
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum of eight hours
- Requires mobility and prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs
Education: High school certificate or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of one-year experience in a similar position
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEOE Employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.