- $11.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when wining and dining at our little craft cocktail & wine bar. You are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, you are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Basic bartending skills, wine and craft beer knowledge and as well as suggestions to our guests should they have questions, allegries, etc. are required.
General Resposibilites include:
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items…etc.
- Suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- General Bartending knowledge and techniques.
- General knowledge of all spirits and cocktails.
-General wine and craft beer knowledge.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside as well as bottled beer.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Assisting with special events as needed.
- Greet all guests warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- CA ServSafe certification
- Minimum 2 years experience in a fast paced, high volume, full service restaurant
- Flexible schedule & availability
- Excellent work ethic along with being a team player
- Have a positive work attitude while working under pressure
- Ability to work long hours (when required) and at a fast pace