- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Chef d'cuisine, for all aspects of managing the kitchen and the kitchen team ensuring quality and preparation of all menu items while assisting in the maintenance of cost and labor controls.
- Work with the Chef d'cuisine and the Executive Chef to develop menu items and daily specials.
- Assure Inventory is received properly.
- Active Food Handlers Card.
- Previous kitchen/cooking experience.
- All duties are in conjunction with the Chef d'cuisine or when the Chef d'cuisine is not available to act in his place.
- Establish daily priorities and daily prep sheet for prep cooks; assign tasks to team members for execution.
- Help prepare and assign production and prep work to kitchen team.
- Order and maintain inventory of needed items for all menu items and kitchen supplies.
- Communicate with all staff during the shift so that everyone is aware of 86'd items and menu specials throughout the meal period.
- Ensure that all safety and health standards are maintained to Health Department standards.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to comply with food and labor cost standards.
- Assist in preparation of kitchen schedules.
- Help maintain a competent and motivated team encouraging cooperation and learning.
- Be proactive in ordering basic supplies so that key items are in a never out situation.
- Make sure plating guides are followed.
- Schedule clean up and review equipment needs to ensure smooth, clean and safe operations.
- Make sure team members comply with recipe requirements.
- Observe guest feedback and confer with team members and servers to make sure guests are satisfied.
- Work on the line and expedite during dinner service.
- Make sure excess items are used efficiently.
- Make sure catering truck is clean and organized if applicable.
- Work in conjunction with the Chef d'Cuisine to maintain refrigerator logs.
- Ability to work with Executive Chef and Chef d'cuisine.
- Ability to work all stations of the kitchen operation.
- Excellent Communication/Organization skills.
- Knowledge of State/Local laws re: all aspects of labor relations, safety and health issues.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Meal plan/free food
- Health insurance for all full time employees
- 401k and vacation pay for all employees after 1 year
- 25% off health club membership
- Sick pay
For more than 22 years, Chef Lisa Dahl has pioneered the culinary scene in Sedona, Ariz. as the executive chef and owner of four amazing restaurants in Northern Arizona's red rock country. Dahl & Di Luca Ristorante Italiano, Cucina Rustica, Pisa Lisa and the newest, most buzzed-about addition, Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill have earned international acclaim.
Dahl was the first to introduce fine dining to the small town of Sedona in the late ‘90s, and she remains the largest restaurateur in the area with accolades spanning the culinary spectrum. In recent years, she is widely credited for Sedona's emergence as a national "foodie destination." Along with being a self-taught chef and successful restaurateur, Dahl is also a best-selling cookbook author and designer, having designed the interiors of each of her restaurants.
She lives by her mantra, “when you cook with love, you feed the soul” and believes that flavors should never be overworked, food should speak for itself and only the best ingredients should prevail.
After shedding her life in the Bay Area and a career in the fashion industry following a family tragedy and the loss of her son Justin, Dahl sought healing and moved to Sedona, a town famous for its healing powers, spiritual energy, and fabled vortexes. Once there, she unearthed a passion for cooking, one she and Justin shared, and a new-found love of fostering memorable dining experiences with simple, fresh and uncomplicated dishes as the centerpiece.
Today, Dahl Restaurant Group welcomes more than 400,000 guests per year across all four restaurants and employs close to 250 people, many of whom have been with the company for 15 years.
Dahl has been a twice featured chef at the James Beard House in New York City. She has sold more than 16,000 copies of her award-winning cookbook, The Elixir of Life. Most recently she beat Arizona's top male chefs for the title of "Burger Battle Champion" in Scottsdale, Ariz., thus qualifying for the 2018 World Food Championships reprising her 2016 win.