Health Insurance Consultant
- $60K - $70K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Are you ready for a workplace you can build your career around? Do you want to leverage your sales ability into larger paychecks?
Our high performing first-year Health Insurance Consultants earn an average of $60,000 to $70,000 per year with hourly base pay and uncapped incentive. Second- and third-year agents’ average yearly earnings of up to $85,000. Top agents earn $115,000+!
·Never sold insurance before? Our client has an industry-leading training program to help you learn the ropes.
· Don’t have your Health agent license? We’ll pay for you to get your license!
What makes our client unique?
- Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from our partner carriers
- Entrepreneurial, performance-based and results-focused culture
- Company-paid training
- Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning potential
- Plentiful, highly-converting qualified leads
- Internal advancement opportunities – grow with us!
- Agent, Senior Agent, Executive Agent
- Team Lead, New Hire Team Lead, Site Leader
- Sales contests, prizes, and competitions
- Fun and relaxed work environment including arcade games and ping pong
Responsible for selling Customers A&H products, based on their needs, using cutting-edge technology, providing quotes, and selling policies to insureds. Also this position is responsible for creating a positive relationship between our client and prospective customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions of this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Responsible for using various systems to track, gather information and answer customer inquiries
- Identify customer needs and works to meet those needs using sales tools and techniques
- Provide appropriate educational information
- Strive to sell the product that best meets each customer’s needs
- Working in a team-oriented environment
- Meeting key performance metrics such as sales, productivity and quality requirements
- Strives to sell the VelaPoint & National General Insurance product that meets the customer's need or other products when appropriate
- Performs other duties as requested, including attending required meetings
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Complete New Hire Technical Training Program
- Valid Life & Health agent license or ability to acquire within 60 days of hire
- Ability to be qualified by the Department of Insurance to be appointed as a licensed sales agent by multiple insurance carriers – which may include additional criminal background and credit checks as required by the Department of Insurance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates adequate/accurate typing speed while talking to the customer
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of auto policies and procedures
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of underwriting guidelines
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of billing guidelines
- Demonstrate professional phone etiquette
- Demonstrate proficiency with Sales systems
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- A high degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent customer service experience
- Prior experience working with the public in a customer service or sales environment
- Demonstrates the ability to make the “Human Connection” and empathize with the customers
- Demonstrates the ability to negotiate in order to adequately sell the brand and product
- Demonstrates basic math skills
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Demonstrates the ability to think analytically
- Demonstrates a high degree of dependability and motivation