Medical Receptionist for Orthopedic Surgery Group
- $13.50 - $14.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FRONT DESK
Under general supervision, is responsible for scheduling patient appointments and tests in an efficient and timely manner. Answers all incoming calls and directs calls to appropriate personnel. Also, greets patients and visitors into the clinic in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner. Insures all appropriate forms are complete, accurate, and according to company guidelines. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical staff. Supports and adheres to the Corporate Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients and visitors into the clinic in a prompt, courteous and professional manner. Obtains all appropriate forms as required.
- Obtains demographic and insurance information. Obtains copy of patient's insurance cards and current driver's license for file.
- Experienced with Insurance Verification and Authorization
- Ability to schedule a multitude of patients on a daily baisis (New Patient, Follow-ups, Surgeries)
- Updates demographic and insurance information as needed in the system.
- Registers all new patients into the system.
- Prepares and organizes new patient charts.
- Notifies nursing staff of patient arrivals, placing charts in appointment order.
- Assists in preparing charts for next days appointments and prints schedules as needed.
- Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
- Distributes condolence cards to patients families as requested.
- Maintains lobby area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Identifies no shows and forwards for patient notification.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation.
- Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the front office.
- Covers for other front office functions as requested.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, forms and other typing as requested by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum three years medical office experience.