- Depends on experience
- Temporary / Seasonal
- Employee Discounts, 401K / Retirement
Do you want to cook in a establishment with a culture that fosters creativity and learning, and features local fare? Do you dream of living in the a community where fishing, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, snow boarding and golfing are just a part of your average day. Find your adventure outside and your creativity inside. Come play in our mountains and join our supportive culinary team in beautiful Big Sky, Montana! Join us and you can live and work where everyone else spends their vacation.
We are looking for a professional line cook with a calm demeanor, who works well with a team under pressure, is open to learning, and receptive to feedback.
The Buck's T-4 Line Cook is responsible for making sure that food is prepared to the exact specifications of the Executive Chef, Buck's T-4, and the customer. The Line Cook plays a key role in contributing to customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.Our Line Cooks are encouraged to create specials and bring fresh ideas to the culinary side of the restaurant.
1. Consistently execute preparation, seasoning and cooking of all food on regular menus as well as any specialty items.
2. Participate in putting away all food inventory.
3. Work with Executive Chef in developing standard recipes.
4. Collaborate with fellow team members on seasonal availability of ingredients.
5. Check the quantity and quality of received products; lets Chef or Forager know when product needed for production is insufficient to properly perform duties.
6. Estimate amounts of required supplies to properly fill out prep sheets.
7. When necessary, meet with the Executive Chef and FOH management to discuss special occasions such as parties and banquets.
8. Is aware of rotation timing of all food inventory; maintains and enforces proper rotation of product with fellow team members at all times.
9. Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste and presentation.
10. Aid in the concept, creativity, revision and implementation of all menus.
11. Set the example as it relates to speed, cleanliness and accuracy.
12. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
13. Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef.
14. Maintain high standards of dress and personal hygiene.
15. Project a positive attitude; embrace and support Buck's T-4's guidelines and procedures.
Basic knowledge of food and beverage products as well as all chemical and non-food items as they pertain to the daily function of the kitchen.These include, but aren’t limited to: seasonal and perishable produce, seasonal and perishable proteins, basic soaps, cleansers, and sanitizers, and non-food dry goods such as containers, equipment, etc.
Knowledge of raw materials, food production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective production and services of prepared food.
Basic knowledge of the chemical composition, structure and properties of substances and the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo.This primarily pertains to materials used for cleaning and sanitation.
All interested applicants should submit a resume and request an application. Limited employee housing may be available.
Job Type: Full-time