PALIHOUSE SANTA MONICA | ROOM ATTENDANT
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Paligroup is currently seeking a part-time/full-time room attendants for Palihouse Santa Monica.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
An individual who likes being active all day, an independent worker can follow checklists with minimal supervision. Someone is detailed oriented and enjoys enhancing the guest in room experience by ensuring the room is clean and comfortable.
The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of assigned rooms and public areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times -- and smile!
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Service assigned guest rooms.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par to designated layout.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Replace laundry bags and slips.
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket and pillows.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Realign furniture to floor plan.
- Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms and remove items left by guest. Dust inside.
- Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames and mirrors.
- Remove dust and debris on television, clock radio, and remote control.
- Set correct time on clock, correct TV channel.
- Clean all lamps and light switches; check for proper working order.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from telephones and reposition properly.
- Empty liquid from ice bucket and wipe all surfaces dry.
- Remove dust, smudges and spills from mini bar; ensure it is plugged in and securely locked.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has a strong working knowledge of and passion for hospitality
- Displays a strong hands-on approach; thrives in guest and colleague interactions.
- Thinks critically and objectively; has excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Guest and service oriented with a great smile
- Strong knowledge of cleaning products. Ideally has good knowledge of carpet spotting and shampooing, as well as stain removal from various surfaces
- Quality oriented and thorough in their work
- Good physical condition with the ability to exert physical effort in the cleaning of rooms
- Education: High school certificate or equivalent
- Experience: Needs to have a minimum of one-year experience in a similar position
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEO employer.
About Palihouse Santa Monica:
Palihouse Santa Monica is a boutique beach lodge offering 35 generously appointed classic rooms as well as stunning studios, one and two-bedroom guest suites featuring fully equipped kitchens. In continuous operation since 1927, Palihouse Santa Monica (formerly The Embassy Hotel Apartments) is an outstanding example of Moorish-influenced Mediterranean Revival Architecture.