Front Office Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Live Life to Discover!
At the Renaissance Asheville, we are different, we are exciting; and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We are building a culture that leads with the important notion that we love what we do and do what we love. If you believe in true hospitality and have a servant heart, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Director of Front Office is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations for guest reception, guest services, reservations, and concierge; including profitable financial management and proactive strategic leadership. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company's goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to:
- Create, implement and execute department trainings, recruiting and innovative pre-shifts
- Manage associate engagement, scheduling, payroll counseling and quarterly department meetings
- Create and implement profit and flow-through enhancing strategies and programs
- Review daily financial and labor reports; adjusting the operation as needed to achieve annual budget and forecasts
- Oversee the arrival and departure experience, ensuring guests expectations are exceeded at all times
- Analyze monthly P&L, develop strategies and enhance accuracy for long-term financial success
- Lead by example; support the department operation and provide direct service to guests as needed
- Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment, labor and civil rights laws.
- Ensure all Human Resource standards and procedures are met on a daily basis.
- Support the hotel's life-safety systems and be prepared at all times for emergency situations.
- Three to five years of hotel management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PMS systems and Outlook; daily use of nearly all programs will occur
- Luxury /Upscale hotel experience
- Knowledge and experience in using Purchasing Management Systems
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day. Must be able to stand and walk for 8 hours a day. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We perform pre-employment background checks. Renaissance Asheville Hotel participates in Everify. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources.