- $15.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Modern Bread & Bagel is looking for an Artisan Bread Maker who will produce high quality, innovative bread and bread products from scratch.
- MUST BE WILLING TO WORK EARLY AM SHIFT (3AM-11AM)
- Produce high quality, consistent bread products that follow the established recipies.
- Provide ideas and input for improving existing dishes and creating new ones.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all team members.
- All staff are treated with respect.
- 2 days off per week.
- Menu input encouraged
- Menu changes seasonally
- Gluten free and vegan techniques are used and taught. Healthy, fun and creative environment to work in
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of four years experience in a bakery, hotel, or restaurant with at least two in a lead role.
- Able to prepare a wide variety of bread products from scratch
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Culinary degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative, outside-the-box thinking
- A passion and love for food and service must be evident.
Modern Bread and Bagel
Brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
We do as much as we can in house, squeezing our own juice, blending our own teas, churning our own butter, and even making our own cereal! Our breads include a Goat Cheese & Onion Focaccia, a Lentil Pugliese, and a Seeded Multigrain that can be topped with smashed avo, labneh, homemade hummus and more. Full-time baristas craft a variety of tea lattes and espresso drinks with coffee from Australian owned Grumpy Roasters in Brooklyn. Our pastries are also made on site and serve as the foundation for yummy dine-in dishes like our Cinnamon Babka French Toast topped with Caramelized Apples.
We are confident you will appreciate our commitment to artisan production methods and hope that you will visit soon to dine with us or take advantage of our excellent take home options.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.