- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Executes banquet and tournament events by overseeing all aspects of banquet preparation and service Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Utilizes “ACE Service Absolutes” by acknowledging, greeting and thanking all members and guests.
• Executes banquet and tournament events according to Banquet Event Order and Director of Catering’s specifications by overseeing service staff preparation; confirming that all service staff are in proper uniform, presenting a clean and professional image; creating duty assignments and communicating floor plans; ensuring room preparation (setup of tables, chairs, linens, table settings glassware, etc.) including clean and stocked bathrooms throughout the event; communicating with kitchen staff regarding catering contract information, menus and food preparation.
• Ensures satisfaction by communicating with the host throughout the event regarding any changes, substitutions or special requests; assisting banquet staff throughout the event as needed (refilling drinks, delivering food, bussing tables, etc.); and following up with host at the conclusion of event.
• Manages revenue by tracking any additional charges incurred at the event, collecting balances due and a signed copy of the final bill.
• Meets administrative requirements by completing a banquet function report at the conclusion of the event to submit to supervisor; generating inquiry sheets and other materials as instructed by the F&B Director/Manager
• Protects the organization, the members and the guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies including confirming legal drinking age and discontinuing service to intoxicated guests.
• Maintains smooth operation of banquet facility by ensuring that all work areas kept clean and safe
• Abides by and ensure proper execution of all AGC Standard Operating Procedures.
• Improves execution of future events by soliciting feedback from banquet staff
• Implements and supports all AGC initiatives and programs as requested by management.
• Other duties may be assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
• High school diploma required (Specialty/Technical Training preferred) and 2-3 years experience in the service industry, preferably in a catering/banquet environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in a fast-paced, food service environment required • Ability to communicate effectively with members, guests, co-workers and management
• Strong customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer issues or complaints.
• Must be of legal age to sell and serve alcoholic beverages, applicable state card or certificate must be provided if required by state law.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, perform multiple tasks and prioritize efficiently.
• Demonstrate an understanding of food, food ingredients, food preparation methods, proper food storage, sanitation requirements and basic bar terminology.
• Ability to operate the following: coffee machine, toaster, oven, grill, hot box, soda dispenser, ice maker, blender, dish washer, ice cream dispenser, CO2 tanks, beer taps, and related equipment.
• Basic math skills.
Job benefits: • Golf and Tennis Privileges • Meal and Beverage Discounts • Merchandise Discounts All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or medical condition