PSH Case Manager, Veteran's Villas (Escondido)
- $19.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then Veterans Village of San Diego is the place to start!
The PSH Case Manager offers housing retention oriented services in a permanent supportive housing setting, integrating evidence based practices effective with individuals who have experienced chronic homelessness and have mental and/or physical health needs. Such services include outreach directly with tenants, developing individual service plans, increasing access to benefits/healthcare/mental healthcare, community integration and community development within the residential community. The PSH Case Manager will be implementing evidence-based practices, such as Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, and Trauma-Informed Care, working with a range of community service providers to ensure residence are stabilizing in housing, improving their quality of life, and integrating into the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets weekly to conduct initial and ongoing assessment of client needs and progress
- Maintains complete client records in accordance with agency and best practice standards
- Performs crisis intervention
- Reviews, weekly, assigned case files
- Refers clients, as appropriate to their individual needs, to outside resources (e.g. medical, dental, mental health, legal, social services, veterans benefits, etc)
- Interfaces with other staff as appropriate regarding client needs and progress
- Facilitate support groups
- Maintains all required documentation in HMIS
- Attends scheduled department and agency staff meetings and trainings as required
- Participates in interdisciplinary teams to exchange information with other staff regarding client needs
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Basic understanding of the military and the Veterans Administration
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with homeless population or AA degree in Human Services
- Minimum of 6 months of paid case management experience in Human Services, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of HMIS database a plus!
- Knowledge of Housing First approach a plus!
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in a challenging situations
- Able to change priorities at a moment’s notice
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be able to sit comfortably for long periods of time
- Valid California drivers license and up to date vehicle insurance
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
VVSD has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid , paid sick leave and paid vacation, health insurance, vision and dental plans, pension plan.
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.