OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
OUTSIDE SALES REP
Hotcakes Bakes is currently seeking to fill an OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE servicing the Greater Los Angeles area.
This position is responsible for growing catering sales primarily through their own efforts by acquiring, maintaining, and growing large orders and catering accounts. This "hands-on" position will focus on prospecting and developing new accounts with businesses, offices, and wedding venues.
This is a fabulous opportunity to make a positive impact on the food scene by providing businesses, offices, and wedding venues with reliable and consistent, high-quality French and American pastries, desserts, and meals for all of their conferences, meetings, expos, and any event that might merit a decadent plethora of food and dessert options.
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for setting up catering orders, office subscriptions, and access for offices and companies to book these orders with Hotcakes Bakes with ease in the future. He/she also provides wedding venues with information on our wedding services. He/she gets to spend the majority of their time outside in the field, enjoying the sunshine and visiting 12 perspective customers per day.
Candidate must have an outgoing charming personality.
Keep a positive & fun attitude during the challenging day to day.
Maintain a high level of integrity in accordance with company culture.
Solicit catering business using outside sales techniques.
Work closely with General Manager and Chef to ensure the smooth execution of catering program.
Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
Develop maximum sales potential through competitive sales techniques and knowledge of the company's products, as well as the competition's strengths/weaknesses.
Primary responsibilities include new customer acquisition, meeting or exceeding assigned revenues and profit targets and executing on new account initiation in a timely and flawless manner.
Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
Dependable vehicle with safe driving record and proof of insurance.
Ability to travel in the local SoCal market daily, local with no overnight travel required.
Ability to work flexible hours and days.
Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds, Must be able to walk, stand or sit for hours at a time.
What you need to have to get in the door:
- Minimum 2 years of outside sales experience
- An exceptional level of motivation, desire, competitiveness, customer driven focus, time management, multi-tasking, and project management skills
- Strong selling/influence/persuasion/closing skills
- Has shown success in a sales role in which leads are self-developed
- Proven prospecting, follow-up, and value-added consultative selling skills
- Experience with distribution sales, or similar B2B sales involving complex, relationship based transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sales hunter mentality, results oriented
- Strong sales acumen
- Superior organizational skills
- Acts quickly and decisively
- Analytical and creative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, at all levels
- Strong presentation skills and effectiveness
- High School diploma – required
- A bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline - preferred
- A strong work ethic and commitment that will allow you to exceed your financial and professional expectations
- Valid Driver’s License and functional vehicle
- United States (Preferred)
If you are a passionate food enthusiast with restaurant and/or sales experience, please reply with your resume and a brief note on how Hotcakes Bakes would be a great fit for you.