Director of Events
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
As Director of Events, you will be responsible for overseeing all Fleet Feet events, event budget and events staff. You will manage all facets of Fleet Feet events, including the preparation, organization and facilitation/logistics leading up to, and, at the event. The Director of Events will work with local officials, law enforcement, health department etc., to obtain proper permits to ensure compliance. This position offers the opportunity to work within your local community to build and maintain strong relationships with businesses, vendors and participants. Safety for participants and staff is the number one priority. You must be comfortable with change management, delegating and directing others. Joining Fleet Feet is joining a team and a community that ignites and promotes running and fitness. We pride ourselves on putting people first and know that what we do each day does not happen anywhere else, for staff or customers. We truly believe that running changes everything.
- Has a proven track record of successful event management
- Fosters growth of others through recognition, coaching and development opportunities
- Promotes individual and team performance by setting expectations, delegating and directing others
- Builds and maintains trust with staff, participants and the community, by using sound judgement
- Passionate, positive, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Collaborative and customer-centric
- Willing to go above and beyond when needed
- Communicate professionally with customers and team
- Deliver the best customer experience by creating a positive staff culture with a focus on performance management and education.
- Support all Fleet Feet initiatives, activities and functions
- High energy and fun atmosphere
- Training and advancement opportunities within the Fleet Feet brand
- Community involvement and community service activities
- Training Program, Race entries, and Product discounts
- Passionate team members
Want to join our Team?
Are you looking to turn your passion into your career, work with like-minded people in a fast-paced, fun and customer-centric environment? Then we want you!
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.