Executive Sous Chef
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are currently seeking a Executive Sous Chef to join our one of a kind team! You’ll be surrounded by a diverse group of guests and staff that define the very culture of the Standard. This is where your job starts.
Take another moment to think about why you are the right candidate for The Standard, and please let us know specifically why that is... your resume will tell only so much. We really want you to stand out in the crowd.
Of course you'll have to have an understanding of the basics, and realize that you’re here to enhance the guest experience by being creative and flexible. We want a hungry, open minded individual, who can think on the other side moon. Most importantly have a passion for what you do!
Here comes the official stuff:
- Minimum three years of BOH management;
- Experience in training and management of kitchen personnel;
- Strong knowledge of kitchen operations, monthly inventory/cost control;
- Must uphold the Chef de Cuisine's standard of product and consistency;
- Excellent organizational skills for dealing with diverse duties, staff, vendors and guests;
- Strong leadership and staff development and motivation skills;
- Excellent communication skills with both staff and management which includes strong conflict resolution skills; daily line-up with staff
- Ability to follow and give direction and respond with appropriate actions in a timely manner;
- Self motivated, customer service and detail orientated;
- Ability to multitask with a calm sense of purpose;
- Punctual and reliable
- Responsible for all bulk production while overseeing the efficient set up for all service.
- Training of prep crew, daily production area, and back preparation area
- Responsible for recipe development, consistent execution of each dish,
- Training all prep team exact techniques and recipes from the Executive Chef
- Responsible for cleanliness of entire BOH; cleaning duties to be checked per station
- Ordering all BOH ingredients
- Implementing and maintaining of HAACP standards to Departmental Health Codes
- Efficient change over from lunch/brunch to dinner service
- Nightly check out of staff prior to leaving; walk-in organized, labeled, back line spotless
- Responsible to call in repairs and maintenance to Engineer
- Organization of all small wares, plate wares and dish room daily function
- Responsible for line checks; quality and organization of each service; checking mis en place
- Responsible for overall kitchen cleanliness
You must have an excellent work ethic, flexible hours and play well with others. This is a unique environment that will require a specific personality that will add to the culture, and energy of the food experience. This person must be able to adjust and promote the unconventional nature of our adult playground. Being knowledgeable of the ever expanding downtown scene is an essential role of this position and to keeping our F&B department competitive and unique. Bring your ideas, your perspective, an open mind, and a positive attitude.
The Standard, Downtown, located in the heart of the Downtown LA, is a true original. The hotel is the vision of hotelier André Balazs, who has conceived a new generation of classic properties - soulful and utterly unique. Standard International properties are united not only by a carefully considered sense of place and pioneering design, but also by relentless attention to detail and atmosphere.
The Standard, Downtown caters to a young-spirited clientele who appreciate the hotel's "timeless modern" design and offbeat sensibility.