Shift Leader Restaurant
- $15.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!, Health Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Maria's Italian Kitchen is now Hiring Shift Leaders.
This full time position (up to 30 or 40 hours per week) will ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and is profitable while maintaining Maria’s reputation and culture.
- Maintains high standards of food, service and health & safety
- Opening and Closing procedures
- Complete location’s “Walk Through” to ensure high standards
- Adhere to Manager Uniform guidelines
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company’s uniform standards
- Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations
- Dealing with customer complaints in a positive way
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies
- Helping out in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
- Manage, train and motivate MIK staff members and provide timely feedback when necessary
- Coordinate Take-Out delivery orders and catering events
- Work with Kitchen Manager to ensure recipe quality and consistency
- Work and partner with their General Managers and Managers to ensure the location’s continued success
- Compliance; Understands, Monitors, and Enforces all Compliance and Labor Laws such as, but not limited to; Meal Breaks, Sexual Harassment prevention, Work Safety, and promoting a Safe Working environment for all employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience as a Server in full service restaurant
- Management experience in a full service restaurant
- Experience with motivating and elevating a diverse team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a Team Player with a Nice demeanor
We LOVE…Pasta, Teamwork, Caring People, and a Positive Work Environment. If you love what we love come JOIN our TEAM.
Maria's Italian Kitchen is one of those grand American success stories. It began in the Italian quarter of Hoboken, New Jersey, where Maria grew up learning the recipes for real Italian food of Naples from her mother, Luisa. Maria's Italian Kitchen offers a diverse menu offering fresh and flavorful dishes served by our personable and knowledgeable team.
Our passion is our people, Team Members and Guests alike- our success is driven by Maria's Italian Kitchen's strong company culture of great food, hospitality and atmosphere.
Benefits for eligible employees
Growth within the company
A FUN work environment
100% Woman Owned Business
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO SUCCEED AT MIK?
Que se necesita para tener exito en MIK?
1. You gotta love PEOPLE
Te tiene que gustar a la gente
2. Being Genuinely NICE is a MUST have
Se necista ser genialmente simpatico/a
3. Value Quality Service and Food
Valorar servicio y comida de calidad
4. Be Committed to the Job
Compormeterse al trabajo
5. Be a Team Player
Ser parte de un equipo
6. Doing the Right thing, especially when no one is looking
Hacer lo correcto, especialmente cuando alguien no este mirando
7. Think what is best for the Customer, your Co-Worker, and the Company
Tener en mente lo mejor para el Cliente, tus compañeros, y la compania
8. Know the Value of your position
Conocer el valor de tu posicion
9. Know YOUR Value to the Team
Conocer tu valor al equipo
10. Smile and have FUN at Work
Sonreir y divertirse en el trabajo