Bar & Beverage Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
Bar Manager Job Description
We are searching for a committed, proactive Bar Manager who would enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment. The Bar Manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train waitstaff, and ensure that patrons are receiving excellent drinks, food, and service. You will also manage inventory and resources, plan promotional events, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain current licenses and update vendor contracts, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction. You should also be able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations.
In order to succeed as a Bar Manager, you should be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation, and interpersonal skills.
Bar Manager Responsibilities:
· Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
· Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
· Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
· Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
· Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation.
· Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
· Planning and taking part in promotional events.
· Diffusing tense situations between patrons or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
· Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for patrons.
Bar Manager Requirements:
· High School Diploma.
· Strong wine knowledge.
· 2+ Years restaurant management experience.
· Solid understanding of bar, wine, liquor cost.
· Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
· Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
· Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
Sitting high on a bluff where Route 66 meets the Pacific Ocean overlooking the Santa Monica Pier, The Lobster is an internationally recognized seafood and fine dining establishment. As a landmark restaurant with nearly a century of quality service, The Lobster specializes in Maine and California spiny lobsters, in addition to entrees composed of fresh, seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients.
The Lobster is a popular destination for Los Angeles locals, visitors, families and groups looking for the ideal place to enjoy casual fine dining while celebrating special moments in true California style. We invite you to relax, take in the stunning ocean views from our beautifully appointed, glass-walled dining room, and enjoy an unparalleled seafood dining experience.
After many years of successful business, The Lobster has become a Santa Monica institution, serving as a cornerstone and internationally recognized landmark adjacent to the Santa Monica Pier.
Welcome to The Lobster!