- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
Purpose for the Position:
To mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to patrons of bar, following standard recipes.
- Mixes ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serves wine and other draught or bottled beer.
- Collects money for drinks served.
- Orders and requisitions liquors and supplies.
- Places bottled goods and glasses to make an attractive display.
- May slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- May prepare appetizers, such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
- Performs in compliance with established company policies and procedures.
- Performs in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Responsible for compliance with all state and local regulations pertaining to the public operation of the hotel’s bar area, including maximum safe occupancy, emergency exit accessibility, smoke-free area maintenance.
- Responsible for knowing and recognizing in-state and out-of-state drivers licenses and state-issued identification cards.
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager.
Skills and Abilities:
Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
Talk with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money, and merchandise.
Lift and carry things like heavy trays.