Chef/Kitchen Manager - Brew Pub
- $55K - $65K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
6th & LaBrea is hiring! Seeking a talented, dedicated Kitchen Manager for our light-filled space known for great food, great fun, and great beer!
Position Summary: Hire, train, and manage a team of pros to make consistent, delicious, satisfying food to delight our guests. Manage kitchen costs, food timing and quality, and a staff of sous-chefs, cooks, and dishwashers in a vibrant casual dining venue.
- Ensure operational excellence and manage day-to-day business of location
- Make outstanding, appealing food, delivering it timely and accurately
- Control costs including food cost and payroll
- Hire, train, supervise, and develop staff
- Work closely with FOH managers to make guests' experience top-notch
- Ensure that safety, sanitation, and maintenance standards are met
- Recommend and develop menu items, specials, etc
- Multi-task like a boss
Qualifications/Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Advanced understanding of kitchen operations
- Solid basic cooking and culinary knowledge and ability
- Comfort with common computer applications
- Understanding of COGS, waste management, and scheduling
- Excellent organizational, leadership, planning and communication skills.
- Some experience with special diets (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free) a plus but not required
- 2-3 years experience in a supervisory role, AND 3-4 years experience cooking in a busy venue (can be the same job, like three years as a kitchen manager)
- Valid California Food Handler's Certificate
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All job offers are contingent on a successful background screening
6th and La Brea is light-filled modernist brewery and restaurant with a huge outdoor patio. We are a California focused restaurant. We brew our beer on premises, our wine and spirits are California-sourced. Our menu is farmer's market driven with pacific rim flavors.