- $42K - $52K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Ristorante Abruzzi is a young restaurant in Charleston West Virginia which is looking for a leader who loves simple Italian food and who has an appreciation for fresh local products. We make all of our own pasta, bread and desserts at Charleston Bread - our bakery close by. The restaurant is uniquely situated with a patio overlooking the field at Appalachian Power Park - home to the City’s Minor League Baseball team.
The role of the Chef is to oversee all kitchen staff in the preparation of fine food for our customers and owners and execute the menu, ensuring a high level of performance and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Comply with Abruzzi standard of service and assist in assuring the same from all employees.
- Ensure preparation of food to specifications before and during operations.
- Supervise all kitchen staff in carrying out all aspects of food production in the restaurant.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day operations in the kitchen, coordinate food production schedules and ensure the highest level of food quality, taste and presentation.
- Participate in actual food preparation; consistently produce food of high quality, taste and presentation and expedite during peak meal periods as needed.
- Maintain kitchen inventory - identify sources of materials, communicate with sales representatives, prepare and place approved orders for all food and supplies. Coordinate with front house manager on bar and drink inventory.
- Control food cost, assist in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, and storage of leftover food items.
- Ensure that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
- Establish goals for the kitchen, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen, anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost-saving ideas and activities.
- Coordinate and execute catering events with front house manager and owners.
- Establish and require strict adherence to Kanawha-Charleston Health Department and standard food handling guidelines.
- Develop menus with owner approval and both create and ensure adherence to recipes and product specifications. Train kitchen staff on all new menus.
- The Chef must maintain effective communication within the kitchen and dining room, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems and communicate this with owners to ensure the overall success of Abruzzi.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the front house (dining room) manager and the
- Prepare food orders based upon projected levels of business.
- Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen including the dishwashing areas, coolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
- Minimum of two years formal culinary foodservice training including management and production, or commensurate experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current working telephone number for business contact purposes.
- Have or be able to obtain certifications required by the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department and any and all other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office programs, or equivalent, to fulfill communication and ordering needs.
Experience with POSLavu Restaurant Management System or equivalent, will be considered positively.