Prep Cook $16-19/hour
- $16.00 - $19.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Hiring Prep Cook
Acclaimed downtown steakhouse has a position open for a prep cook. Must have 2 years’ experience and verifiable references. Perform routine preparation duties using recipes, basic knife skills and proper equipment operation/handling. Experience with dressings, sauce, marinades, breading and knife work a must. Applicant should have the ability to read and scale recipes.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Requires flexible availability – weekends and overtime as needed
- Previous experience in a high volume restaurant
- Able to sustain high energy activities for extended periods of time, handle stress and remain cool under pressure
- Can work “on their feet” for extended periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance required
- Related training and/or job experience that would enable applicant to demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities to perform job
- Be able to take ownership of your work and willing to be held accountable for your actions
- $16-19/hour depending on experience.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Uniform Provided
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dining Discounts
- Advancement Opportunities
- Education Programs and Training Programs
We Create Unrivaled Experiences With Passion. Every Time!
Apply online or stop by in person today!
The moment you step inside Metropolitan Grill, you will know you have entered a classic steakhouse. Rich in tradition, The Met is housed inside the historic Marion Building, which dates to 1903.
At The Met, the focus is on Prime beef. We built our reputation on the classics: filet mignon, New York peppercorn steak, Delmonico, porterhouse and Chateaubriand carved tableside. Corporate Chef Eric Hellner hand-selects each cut of Prime Double R Ranch beef from Washington State and American Wagyu from Idaho. We have even developed proprietary seasonings for our beef. Steaks are then seared over the high heat of imported mesquite charcoal, ensuring the most tender, juicy flavor.
Our award-winning wine list showcases a definitive steakhouse selection of premium West Coast red wines, with an emphasis on Cabernet, Merlot and Meritage. The Met’s cellar has received national recognition, including the Wine Spectator “Best of Award of Excellence.”
One of the reasons for The Met’s ongoing success is the dedication of the professional staff, which takes great pride in providing every guest with an exceptional dining experience.