The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of
employees. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
Food safety and planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Must be ServSafe certified.
- Will uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
Job Skills and Requirements
- At least one year of management experience.
- Must have restaurant experience.
- Customer Service: A friendly, relaxing demeanor, courteousness and quick service will help get repeat customers.
- Stamina: Long, busy days on your feet are the trademark of this job.
- Teamwork: Restaurant assistant managers are part of a team. You will be working with others to make a great dining experience. Being a team player is essential.
- Leadership Skills: Restaurant assistant managers will have to keep employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make hard decisions.