Hogwarts Graduates Preferred
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are a small, one-of-a-kind metaphysical shop in Hollywood with 35 years of history, and are now looking for a new member to add to our team. We wear many hats so versatility is a must!
Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
Your main responsibilities will be packing and shipping client orders and stocking the store. We have a larger storage unit that doubles as a work space, which you will be organizing as you move product back and forth to the shop. We also have a warehouse in NOHO for pick up and deliveries.
Cleaning at store, storage and warehouse, as well as errand running are part of your duties.
You will also answer phones and greet customers when sales personnel are busy. When in the shop, as needed, you may be called upon to provide support for sales staff including scheduling appointments, maintaining store displays and taking inventory.
Please submit a resume along with an introduction so we can get to know you a little better.
• Full-time position, 40 hour work week mid-morning to early evening. Shifts may include some weekends.
• Lots to do, days fly by!
• Autonomy in your tasks, ability to budget your time
• Tons to learn and room to grow
• Stable personal life with long-term employment minded goals and aspirations.
• Skilled with packing / shipping. One to two years experience a huge plus. Familiar with USPO, Fedex & UPS shipping. Previous FedEx or UPS and Box store employees welcome.
• Can lift 50 lbs, on a routine basis. Comfortable working on a ladder and standing, squatting, lifting, bending.
• Able to take direction and flexible with routine changes.
• A conscientious self-starter, good at problem solving, highly motivated, logical and reliable.
• Punctual. Reliable transportation to work and excellent time management skills required to meet deadlines.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills with exceptional ability to multi-task.
• Detail oriented. Inventory experience a plus.
• Comfortable working in a tiny space. We have a small shop (not a lot of room), so comfortable working around people.
• Personable, with refined skills to work well with both customers, co-workers and management.
• A good driver with a clean record. You will drive and maintain the company vehicle, making deliveries and pickups.
• General knowledge of all office machines, including POS software, or ability to learn quickly.
• Prefer (but not required) candidates who have some metaphysical knowledge or interest.
• Bilingual abilities are a plus but not required. Knowledge of Excel & Word, is appreciated. A background in art, design, yoga or folklore is a plus.