Senior Technical Project Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
Technical Project Manager – Senior Level
Primary Location: Colorado Springs, CO
In coordination with the Credentialing Sytems Manager, lead a team of support specialists that provide routine and on-demand support to all operational mission functions to include systems management of LINUX/UNIX/Windows, Database Management for SQL and Oracle, Storage Area Network (SAN), Backup and Recovery (BUR), Network administration, Red Hat Openshift Integration and VMware Administration. The successful candidate will also have experience and knowledge of project management, scheduling, performance metrics and analysis. They will be tasked to assure all technical facets of the program mission from start to completion for each product. Perform detailed accounting and reporting of key systems performance indicators related to the client site and program mission. Troubleshoot, identify, and report flaws with systems and process cycle.
In conjunction with Credentialing Sytems Manager, provide the daily technical leadership, scheduling and assurance that all routine and ad hoc project management/scheduling, system administration and IT infrastructure processes are handled to Government Program satisfaction. Develop, update, and continuously train the team on standard operating procedures. Measure, monitor and operate a continuous improvement program related to functional area. Provide subject matter expertise to program on performance metrics and action plans to take key systems indicators from concept to implementation. Conducts basic validation tests and daily administrative functions to assess system integrity and evaluate adherence to customer-established standards. Publish and report daily situation reports, as required. Identifies and publishes risk and associated mitigation plans. Interfaces, briefs, with customer on system architecture and activities on a daily basis.
Supply other managerial functions to team and with guidance from GSS Operations Manager; such as, performance reviews and metrics, coaching/consulting, personnel task assignment, in- and out- of cycle reporting and status of team's activities and/or issues. Support and assure adherence to all corporate and client site policies.
- 10+ years' experience as an Information Systems Manager, Program/Project Manager with ancillary experience in IT Security supporting various infrastructure and software architecture environments
- Strong knowledge of program/project management best practices
- Strong knowledge of security directives, policies, publications and regulations
- Strong experience in Systems administration, architecture, and program development processes
- Possess clear understanding of IT infrastructure standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
- Strong Techincal skills with in depth knowedge of the following diciplines:
- Red Hat OpemShift
- VMware Virtualization
- Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- SQL and Oracle Databases
- SAN concepts
- Solar Winds monitoring
- Expert understanding of protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S and DNS
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPSec, PKI and TCP/IP
- Strong familiarity with ITIL v3 Services Model and DeOps/Agile frameworks
- PMP certification
- Experience with well-known industry program/project management applications to include enterprise systems
- Remedy ticket system
- Managerial experience such as, coaching, interpersonal communications, conflict resolution, negotiation along with some limited budget responsibility
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related technical discipline with 10 or more years related professional experience. (Education may be substituted for 8 years of experience).
Minimum Active DoD Secret and ability to gain Client suitability
Day, 7 AM – 4 PM; On call and after hours support required for this position
Relocation authorized: None
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.