LVN - Home Health
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
- Responsible for the provision of nursing care to patients according to an established physician plan of care, with service delivery under the direction of a registered nurse and in compliance with applicable Texas Nurse Practice Act regulations and agency policy and procedure.
Minimum Work Experience - Minimum two years clinical experience in an acute care setting. Exposure to geriatric patient care desirable.
Required Licenses/Certifications - A valid LVN license through the Texas Board of Nursing. Valid Texas driver's license with available and dependable transportation and proof of current automobile liability insurance.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities - Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to meet minimum hiring standards.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
- Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Works independently and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and completes tasks according to established policies and procedures; avoids errors.
- Assists supervising RN in ongoing observation and care of assigned patients.
- Documents all nursing observations, interventions and evaluations in a concise, accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in evaluation of patients in preparation for discharge.
- Uses supplies appropriately and demonstrates a cost-conscious awareness by practicing careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies.
- Completes a note for each visit; records all observations relating to care and treatment given.
- Participates in teaching patients, family members and/or significant others as appropriate to the physician-ordered plan of care.
- Delivers safe care at all times that is in concert with physician orders, home health policy and established nursing care standards.
- Exhibits sound judgment and technical skills necessary to perform assigned nursing treatments and procedures; communicates effectively.
- Effectively communicates with team members to keep them informed of changes in patient condition and needs.
- Evaluates the response of patients to nursing interventions and revises care plans with supervising RN as necessary.
- Completes paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with agency policy.
- Attends care conference.
- Communicates patient concerns and problems through proper channels; immediately reports any patient abnormality or emergency situation.
- Follows established procedures for charge items and ensures that all charges are properly entered