Guest Service Agent
- $13.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
To perform in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited to, check-in and checkout of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience.
- Issues room key and escort instructions to Bell person or directly to guest as appropriate.
- Date-stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Transmits and receives messages using equipment such as telephone, fax, and switchboard.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests’ accounts.
- Computes bill, collects payment and makes change for guests.
- May make, confirm, and cancel reservations for guests.
- May post charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone by hand or machine.
- May make restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservations for guests.
- May deposit guests’ valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box.
- May order complimentary flowers or champagne for special guests.
- May rent dock space at marina-hotel.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Speak clearly and listen carefully.
- Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give information to people.
- Communicate well with many different kinds of people.
- Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such as from typing to interviewing, to searching in a directory, to using a telephone.
- Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard.
- Prior Guest Service Agent hotel experience preferred.
WCG offers many benefits including:
- PTO, Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- Hotel Discounts
- LifeMart Discounts.