Case Manager, North County
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The Case Manager meets with assigned clients regularly to do full assessment of client’s physical, mental and social needs, life skills, competency, employability, educational needs and other necessary areas. Referrals are made according to the needs of the client. The Case Manager assures each client utilizes program components that are consistent with the client’s service plan. This position will be stationed in the SSVF North County satellite office.
- Conducts initial and ongoing assessment of client needs and progress
- Maintains complete client records in accordance with agency and best practice standards
- Conducts regular case management meetings
- Performs crisis intervention
- Reviews, weekly, assigned case files
- Refers clients, as appropriate to their individual needs, to outside resources (e.g. medical, dental, mental health, legal, social services, veterans’ benefits, etc.)
- Interfaces with other staff as appropriate regarding client needs and progress
- Maintains all required documentation in HMIS
- Attends weekly SSVF Staff Meeting and exchanges information with other staff regarding client needs
- Attends all VVSD Staff trainings and meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Basic understanding of the military and the Veterans Administration
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Human Services, Social Work or related field preferred
- Minimum of 6 months of paid case management experience in Human Services, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Prefer prior experience working with homeless population
- Knowledge of HMIS database a plus!
- Knowledge of Housing First approach a plus!
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in a challenging situations
- Able to change priorities at a moment’s notice
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be able to sit comfortably for long periods of time
- Valid California drivers license and up to date vehicle insurance
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.