Configuration Management Audit Engineer (19-01643)
- $90K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Vision Insurance
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Configuration Management Audit Engineer, L3
Primary Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret Clearance
The CM Audit Engineer will be responsible for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the auditing function in support of a dynamic, fast-paced mission critical environment.
Implement and maintain verification and audit methodologies and procedures to ensure compliance with ITIL standards, MA guidelines and government procedures. Develop and define software and hardware audits, providing quality metrics and measurements. Perform configuration management audits to ensure baseline compliance, identify issues, document results, and track issues to resolution. Develop system and procedural enhancements to customer acceptance and satisfaction. Support CM process by maintaining quality records that capture results of audits and reviews. Perform relevant and necessary training to ensure staff compliance with policies and procedures. Track, resolve and escalate issues and problems. Perform process assessments, evaluations, and reviews.
- Works with Asset Management and Configuration Management Team members to ensure all audit requirements are delivered in an efficient, highly productive manner
- 3-5 years of professional audit, risk management, quality assurance experience within Information Technology
- Ability to verify that configuration documentation is compliant with applicable requirements.
- Experience with CMDB discovery tools, SCCM, hardware/software audit tools, working with Teams to improve efficiency and productivity
- Experience with Linux operating systems and command line tools
- Experience with configuration management tools similar to Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt,
- Familiarity with CI systems like Jenkins
- Experience with version control tools like GIT and ClearCase
- Familiar with work cycle management tools like RTC
- Familiar with containerization platforms, such as Docker
- Familiar with Urban Code Deploy and Urban Code Release
- Experience auditing physical and virtual system configurations
- Experience conducting audits of CM activities throughout project lifecycles to verify compliance with established CM procedures and standards
- Plans and/or facilitates internal/external configuration audits.
- Experience verifying CIs and system performance and functionality being compliant with specifications
- Participate in program lifecycle events to ensure adherence to program procedures and standards
- Write process documentation (plans, procedures, reviews, and audit results)
- Develop a high level of confidence in delivered software/systems through adequate and appropriate audits and reviews, also monitoring and reporting of action items
- Facilitate Lessons Learned meetings, document results and participate in continual improvement process via post deployment review and after action review meetings
- Perform assessments, audits, and reviews
- Formally document findings from audits/reviews
- Participate in data calls and documentation
- Familiarity with CMMI and SDLC Lifecycle processes and standards
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- A self-motivated, organized, team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Effectively document results of activities that improve quality, efficiency and productivity
- Highly effective at working independently and with a team
- Ability to work some shift work (as required)
- Understanding of Complex Information Technology systems and support practices
Bachelor's degree with emphasis on QA, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or equivalent 5-10 years of experience in the Audit/QA field of work and/or study.
Minimum Active DoD Secret and Client suitability eligibilty
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-4:30 pm
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.