Special Events Coordinator
- $18.00 - $24.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Each year Zuno Group schedules approximately 30-40 private catered events held after public hours including weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, engagement, anniversary and significant birthday parties for adults.
Specific tasks include:
- Conduct scheduled site walk-throughs with prospective clients.
- Answer all telephone and email inquiries from prospective clients promptly.
- Maintain the private events calendar in our database system.
- Prepare all private events contracts and invoices. Enter all payments into Altru database system.
- Prepare financial reports, budget forecasts, track and meet revenue goals.
- Act as primary liaison with the Events Director from Great Performances (GP), our exclusive caterer and with GP event captain on the day of the event.
- Coordinate all day-of activities with the Director of Visitor Services and/or Sr. Manager of Visitors Services, including receipt of vendors and rentals.
- Coordinate security and custodial needs for the event including set-up, breakdown, and storage of rental deliveries and pick-up.
- Maintain working relationships with outside event and production vendors, working closely with the client, client’s event planner, and GP to ensure Wave Hill’s guidelines are followed.
- Lead effort with Zuno Group Marketing Department to promote Wave Hill as a private event venue. Promotion may include pro-active outreach to wedding planners, venue publications and other marketing resources.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in event planning or production, wedding sales or special events management.
- Must be able to multi-task and be extremely well organized and reliable.
- Must have strong computer skills: CMS database, Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency required.
- Must have strong communication skills and an open, friendly polished manner. Ability to work with VIP clients under pressure with ease.
Zuno Groupl is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are unique and we make sure your event stands out from the crowd. We create experiences that reach your goals.