Executive Sous Chef
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group is currently seeking qualified candidate for Executive Sous Chef position.
The Key Ingredient Is Our People! We are always looking for bright, energetic, hospitable, talented people who share our passion for creative food and artful hospitality. We'd love to hear from you!
The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group has established our restaurants with the objectives of providing a unique cuisine paired with a special ambience in order to create a memorable fine dining experience for our guests. Our restaurants are part of our continuous effort to offer superlative quality and the highest level of gracious and courteous guest service. To perform successfully, our employees must not only have the qualifications and abilities to perform each of the essential functions of this position, but also must continually strive to meet or surpass The Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group's objectives and exacting standards.
Job Summary: The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for delegation of main kitchen line management and technical food production. This position is responsible for the preparation of high quality meals in accordance with “Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group” standards, menu specifications and production schedules. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Executes and supervises food production activities, e.g. proper cleaning, cutting, marinating, seasoning, cooking of food items etc.
- Monitors and controls all labor and food costs through effective scheduling, training and supervising the production of the food to ensure that budgeted food cost, kitchen labor cost and related operating expense goals are achieved
- Assist in the development of food products and menus as needed for menu presentations
- Expedites orders to maximize efficient production and delivery to the guest in the proper order
- Monitors and controls the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy, safe work environment in compliance with company and industry standards
- Conducts quality checks of goods received
- Ensure appropriate rotation of all stored products
- Monitors and ensures compliance with recipe specifications
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed
- Create daily schedule to ensure proper staffing requirements are met
- Guide, motivate, train and develop line employees
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include but not limited to: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Teach and train staff of production and presentation changes to menu items
- Complete necessary management assignments to include: Inventory Par Levels & Inventory Supervision, Conduct Yield testing, Individual Recipe Costing, Recipe Standardization, Photographic Plate Presentations, Routine equipment/kitchen inspections, Manage documented culinary employee files
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 3 years kitchen staff supervisory experience
- Minimum 5 years technical food production experience in fine dining restaurant
- Well-rounded food background with extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment
- Technical experience and demonstrated proficiency in Butchery, Garde Manger and Pastry
- Proficient in computer applications and software
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written communication and math analyzation skills
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Confident and effective operational and motivational speaking skills
- Ability to calculate and apply figures and amounts in recipe and labor costing and control.
- Ability to follow delegation while providing technical and management troubleshooting and problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated operational logical: multi-unit prioritazion skills
- Strong interpersonal staff relations and leadership skills
- Ability to provide consistent food quality
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.