- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
We are an exciting new Aussie Restaurant opening in September! Located in the Culver City Platform, near a number of shops and the metro. We are looking to hire front and back of house positions!
Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies.
● Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
● Provides exceptional customer service and hospitality.
● Sells coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
● Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
● Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
● Prepare batch brew and pour-over coffee according to our standards of quality.
● Maintain an immaculately clean work station while executing service with speed and precision.
● Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment and take out the garbage
● Respond to orders, questions, concerns, and complaints in a polite and efficient manner
● Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures
● Maintain coffee knowledge on current offerings and confidently and accurately communicate product information to customers.
● Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all the menu offerings
● Communicate with team members and management to solve problems and improve service.
● Observe relevant health and safety standards
● High School Diploma or GED required
● 1+ years of barista or customer service experience in a premium or consumable environment preferred
● A real passion for coffee and respect for sustainability; ability to self-educate and educate others on the coffee culture
● Flexible to work select shifts; days, nights, weekends and holiday