- $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
A Chemist I is responsible for manufacturing products to meet or exceed customers' specifications according to manufacturing procedures by adherence to the Scantibodies Quality System and in compliance to the FDA/ISO 9001 and GMP guidelines, with moderate supervision. This employee is required to assist the supervisor and manager with production improvement, process trouble shooting, and new product development. In addition to regular production activities, this employee also is required to participate in production improvement and research related projects.
Report to shift supervisor
Perform Lipid Stripping and Charcoal Stripping process
Set up, maintain and operation Affinity Chromatography Column
Perform R& D projects and validation processes in Bulk
Be familiar with M2M system in order to monitor and manage chemicals and starting materials for production.
Be familiar with BalzeLims software in order to submit and follow up QC tests.
Capable of lifting up to 50 lb.
Regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Other related duties as required.
Personal Computer and other general office equipment
General Laboratory Equipment, such as columns, UV, centrifuge, balance, pH meters, UF system, filtration apparatus, and other general equipment used in Human Serum production. Company vehicle.
- A Bachelor's degree in Life Science or Chemistry with at 0-1 year hands-on experience in laboratories, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Knowledge and bench experience in chemistry.
- Basic training in production management.
- To assist the supervisor in trouble shooting.
- Responsible for negative adsorption processes in Bulk.
- Participation in research development.
- Responsible for training new employees for the productions.
- Responsible for coupling antigens or antibodies onto Sepharose 4B Gel.
- Valid driver’s license, current proof of Insurance, and clean driving record
Working Conditions; Physical & Mental Demands:
- General human serum production in the range from ml to L in a biotech lab setting.
- Capable of performing the general laboratory work, such as buffer making, material and product processing and transportation within the lab, buffer exchange and other general production procedures.
- Stays calm and efficient under stress.
Supervision of Others:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
SLI is an equal opportunity employer and all employees are responsible for maintaining a discrimination and harassment free environment.
All employees are accountable for conducting their daily business responsibilities in an ethical and moral manner.
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.