Food & Beverage Director
- $52K - $63K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
Embassy Suites Arcadia is a 190-room hotel with Food and Beverage operations located in the heart of Arcadia, close to Santa Anita Race Track and the historic City of Pasadena. Our renovations are complete. Be proud to join us and be a part of this exciting and refreshed new look!
Why join us?
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization. WCG offers many benefits including*:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Time Off Sellback (Yes! You can sell us your unused PTO)**
- Paid Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- 401(k)/Roth IRA with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discounts (Hilton Team Member Travel Program)
- LifeMart Discounts.
What we are looking for...
A skilled leader who can delegate and direct the activities of the team to ensure F&B operations are running smoothly and efficiently. Also well-organized, making sure the varied requirements for food safety, supplies, inventory and staff are all handled in a way that contributes to the best possible customer experience. Finally, strong customer service skills to easily interact with guests AND team members, handle concerns and foresee any possible problems to ensure that guests and team members are well cared-for.
The Main Responsibilities (list not inclusive)....
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for coordinating all phases of group meeting/banquet functions held in the Hotel; as well as successfully managing the other outlets such as complimentary breakfast and evening reception as well as main dining and lounge/bar of the hotel. Maintain the services and reputation of the Hotel and act as a management representative to group and individual clients of banquets or outlets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labour costs and profitability.
- Completion of Customer Follow-up calls on a timely basis.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
- Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities.
- Competitive analysis every six months by calling competition and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates, etc.
- Telemarketing to previous clients to inquire about possible future bookings.
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
- To co-ordinate with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered. This includes proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements.
- Supervision of daily paper flow including Proposals, and Function Contracts.
- Completion of weekly and bi-weekly forecast.
- Attendance and participation at weekly F & B meeting and Department Head meeting.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Development and maintenance of department manual
- Supervision of weekly payroll input.
- Be available to Hotel Staff at all times in case of emergency.
- Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
- Assure the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Assure the completion of weekly schedule and shift duties while maintaining an adequate labor cost at or below the budgeted amount per cover.
- Completion of monthly inventories. Assure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Assure timely completion of function bills.
- Assure the ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters and canned soft for Food& Beverage.
- Purchasing/Leasing of purchase requirements of small wares, linens requirements etc.
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and presentation.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Sales Department to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
- Establish a rapport with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ensure a professional attitude and proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a client at any time.
- Ensure successful teamwork-relations with co-workers and management.
- Quality of Food & Beverage services and department phone handling.
- Responsible for personnel selection, staff training and development.
- Coaching and Discipline of personnel when required.
- Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
- Overall maintenance of the operation at a level in keeping with the standards prescribed.
PREREQUISITES: Education: Post Graduate or Degree or three years Diploma in hotel Management or equivalent preferred. Experience: Previous experience in similar Job role or minimum 4 years experience as Banquet Supervisor required.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.
***Positions are not guaranteed to remain open for any certain period of time. Status of full/part time or on-call may change without notice. This description of the position is not a full description of all functions and responsibilities of the position** Up to 80 hours per year on anniversary month*Benefits can stop/change at any time with or without notice.