- $15.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
As a Baker, you will be expected to produce the daily supply of goods needed for service each day. You will work closely with the Kitchen Manager to ensure all products are in line with company recipes. With a strong knowledge of food safety and cleanliness standards, you will ensure that your workspace is always thoroughly clean. At Modern Bread and Bagel, your personality is your best asset, so you should be genuinely friendly to all staff and guests. Growth opportunities are available to team members that demonstrate exemplary work ethic, teamwork and hospitality.
Availability to work flexible ours, including overnight, required!
A successful candidate will possess or exhibit:
- Genuine passion for, and knowledge of, food and pastry (Culinary programs and experience with Gluten Free is a plus!)
Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation
- Eagerness to adhere to Modern's high standards regarding food preparation and cleaning
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a team environment
Your principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with daily production and performing regular quality checks of prepared product
- Accepting and documenting deliveries
- Reporting and documenting any equipment in need of repair or service.
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness and organization of assigned work areas, adhering to sanitation/health regulations and company policy
- Finger/hand dexterity sufficient to operate food machinery
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Sensorial ability (hearing, seeing, tasting, smelling, touching) to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, evaluate product taste, texture and presentation, and observe preparation
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges (freezers, coolers, ovens etc.)
Modern Bread and Bagel
Brunch is not just for the weekend. Cold Smoked, House Cured, and Citrus Poached Salmon as well as a variety of unique cream cheeses complement our kettle boiled Ancient Grain Bagels. Our all day menu features creative egg dishes inspired by our favorite cafes in Sydney and Tel Aviv with dishes ranging from Red or Green Shakshuka to Corn & Goat Cheese Fritters with Eggs and Chili Jam.
We do as much as we can in house, squeezing our own juice, blending our own teas, churning our own butter, and even making our own cereal! Our breads include a Goat Cheese & Onion Focaccia, a Lentil Pugliese, and a Seeded Multigrain that can be topped with smashed avo, labneh, homemade hummus and more. Full-time baristas craft a variety of tea lattes and espresso drinks with coffee from Australian owned Grumpy Roasters in Brooklyn. Our pastries are also made on site and serve as the foundation for yummy dine-in dishes like our Cinnamon Babka French Toast topped with Caramelized Apples.
We are confident you will appreciate our commitment to artisan production methods and hope that you will visit soon to dine with us or take advantage of our excellent take home options.
Arba is a modern Israeli restaurant that is dedicated to artisan and natural food, with a focus on fish, cheese, vegetables, and fresh baked bread that everyone can enjoy.
We offer a unique seven course tasting menu which reflects Mediterranean flavors and culture. Our Chef is constantly creating new dishes to keep things interesting and changes the menu weekly to ensure we are always using the freshest ingredients.