- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Continually evolve all outlet menus and the skills of the staff members as required to produce. Maintenance of food and labor costs, and continual enforcement of set standards. Direct communication with sales and operations teams in order to continually exceed client standards. Direct management of all culinary and stewarding staff.
- Perform all functions of the Executive Chef/Sous Chef in his/her absence.
- Assist in the interview, hire, train, supervise, schedule, and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking, and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecast needs.
- Oversee and structure a proper receiving format for daily deliveries from vendors into the kitchen.
- Assist in the continual evolution menu items for all outlets based on current trends and product availability. Interact directly with clients for necessary special event planning, budgeting, and desired event execution.
- Provide all materials/information necessary for line staff to succeed i.e. Menu Specifications, Recipes, Production Schedules
- Develop, grow and maintain vendor relationships.
- Oversee and confirm quality of all food leaving the kitchen, react as necessary
- Ensure the maintenance sanitation and cleanliness standards of the kitchen
- Provide an employee schedule recognizing volume requirements for increased/decreased staffing levels/ensure that minimum staffing requirements are met
- Purchasing according to need based on volume
- Employee discipline/action as the need arises
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations regarding food sanitation and safety.
- Report any necessary equipment maintenance to engineering for repair
- Performs other functions as necessary i.e. VIP planning, Preconference Meetings, Staff Meetings
- Must demonstrate a skill set superior to that of all culinary employees
- Able to react positively to fast paced work environment and high pressure situations.
- Able to communicate effectively with supervisors and team members both in culinary and exterior departments of the hotel (specifically stewarding and service staffs).
- Able to create and lead in a team orientated environment.
- Able to read client orders, special requests, etc. from Micros printer in English.
- Willing to accept verbal direction from the dining room, or exterior departments
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor in all situations, especially those pertaining to client satisfaction.
- Have thorough knowledge of equipment and food products utilized on a daily basis.
- Be able to work long hours in a high stress work environment
- Comfortable degree of dexterity for knife handling, prep work, etc.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and show extended commitment to culinary.
- Supervise a large set of employees
- Interact professionally and personably with clients should the need arise.
- Demonstrate ability to manage time and multiple tasks
- Ability to learn quickly and train staff members.
- Adjust to difficult situations while maintaining leadership of crew.
- Recognize product overages and assist in the planning of specials or staff menu to avoid waste.
- Have thorough knowledge of product recognition, fabrication, and portioning i.e. comfortable handling whole fish, fabricating beef, etc.
- Have thorough knowledge of stock and sauce production, soups, etc.
- Show ability to work effectively on any shift and produce menu items pertinent to any service period or outlet.
- Thorough ability to recognize flavors and adjust seasoning as necessary to maintain product consistency.
This position reports to the Executive Chef
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
Welcome to The Garland – it’s what you’ve been waiting for.
An urban oasis with seven tree-shaded acres and more than 16,000 square feet of incredible event space, including our all-new outdoor venue Beverly Park. Relaxed, with a splash of retro-cool, there are indoor and outdoor spaces designed as creative business environments and elegant settings for bat mitzvah, receptions and more.
Our goal at The Front Yard is to create an experience that weaves together thoughtfully crafted food and drink, warm and engaging service and a social atmosphere that harmoniously combines the genuine intimacy of dining at the home of an old friend with the ease and liveliness of a restaurant atmosphere. The menu is inspired by local, seasonal ingredients, designed to maintain the integrity of the products and executed with a Los Angeles perspective in mind, bringing together a variety of cultures and fresh flavors - fully encapsulating our guests in an authentic, of-the-moment, Southern California experience. The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account and 401K. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!