Front Office Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
To coordinate front office activities of hotel or motel and resolve problems arising from guests’ complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries; to maintain a high quality of services offered to guests through management of the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services and guest accounting so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel. Concierge services and garage services may also report to this position.
- Assigns duties and shifts to workers and observes performances to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Confers and cooperates with other managerial staff to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Greets important guests.
- Arranges for private telephone line and other special services.
- May patrol public rooms, investigate disturbances, and warn troublemakers.
- May interview and hire applicants.
- May receive and process advance registration payments.
- May send out letters of confirmation or return checks when registration cannot be accepted.
- Maintains standards of guest service quality.
- Achieves budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the guest services department.
- Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
- Develops short-term and long-term financial and operational plans for the guest service department, which relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
- Increases level of guest satisfaction by deliver of an improved product through employee development, job engineering, and quality image.
- Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Manages the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average daily rate through suggestive selling by employees.
- Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
- Receives departmental-related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts.
Make business decisions based on your own experience and personal opinion.
See differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs.
Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
Plan and organize the work of others.
Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Speak and write clearly.
Perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
WCG offers many benefits including:
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) & Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- EAP, Hotel Discounts
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time. EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program. We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied. Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.