- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
We are seeking Event Managers to join our team, both Part time and Full time positions are available. After the sale and planning component of the event is completed by the Event Specialist team, our Event Managers take over to ensure that the event plan for the day of the event is executed to perfection.
To be successful in this role, a candidate should be a team player who is organized, proactive, able to multitask in a busy work environment, and have the communication skills to handle any guest questions or concerns.
- Lead your event staff through the full event setup, execution and clean up
- Supervise, delegate, and assist your staff through each phase of event process
- Create and work from a detailed event proposal, or plan, to accomplish a flawless event
- Act as a point of contact for the client on the day of the event
- Create and review notes to carry out all details, from corporate to private events, galas, and weddings
- Create and enforce your own staff notes and staff assignments to reflect overall event timeline
- Support the Director of Training & Service Standards in training staff on and off of events
- Lead a team and have strong people and management skills
- Availability to work both day and evening hours, as well as weekends is required
- Communicate effectively with both event guests and team members
- Be upbeat, friendly and professional and generally have a positive attitude
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have a reliable form of transportation
- Use independent decision-making and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable environment
- Be detail-oriented, with strong organization and effective time management skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry, especially the catering industry is preferred
- Previous management or supervisory experience is a plus
- This job requires the ability to lift at least 25 lbs and be physically fit enough to carry out position tasks as required
- Minimum age to apply is 18
Why Work at The JDK Group
At The JDK Group we build lifetime relationships with our clients and the community to create flawless events worth celebrating. We have a great time wherever we are! Everyone is appericated for the hard work they put in! We are a friendly, fun, and hard working bunch. We offer great starting pay, clear succession and growth with in the company! And mostly importantly a great work environment!
Come join our time!
Check out some of the events you could be a part in producing by visiting the video links below:
The JDK Group Catering & Events is Central PA’s premier catering and event-planning company where clients, and their special life moments, come first. Since 1987, we’ve continued to reinvent the standards for events and hospitality for the areas surrounding Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York. With over 25 years of event management experience and the ability to plan a celebration for 15 to 15,000 people, our talented a passionate team offers exceptional guest service, incredible fresh food, and innovative event design.
Check out our website: