Part-Time Key Holder (Venice)
- $15.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Alternative Apparel is hiring a Key Holder for our Venice location, and we are looking for a fashion-minded, customer focused individual to enrich our team. The Key Holder will assist with managing all aspects of the store. They must have a proven track record assisting management in running a successful retail business, and prior experience helping to hire, train and manage a strong team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Act as an Alternative brand champion.
• Assist with all day-to-day operations of the Alternative Apparel store to achieve targeted sales and profitability, including opening and closing responsibilities.
• Recruit, interview, and hire employees.
• Assist with training to ensure staff is consistently trained to Alternative's standard on product knowledge and customer experience.
• Assist with staff coaching and development.
• Assist with managing labor costs and controlling budgetary expenses.
• Open and close cash registers, count money, separate charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balance cash drawers, and make change and deposits.
• Drive operational success through accurate financial reporting.
• Ensure store systems are operating consistently.
• Evaluate sale reports and solicit customer feedback.
• Set store promotional signage as needed.
• Receive, unpack, and ticket inventory.
• Merchandise and display product to promote sales.
• Assist with driving revenue in the store.
• Control store inventory and ensure appropriate levels at all times.
• Lead by example with strong customer focus and product knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• A passion for apparel
• 1+ years prior management experience in retail, customer service or sales environment
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
• Customer service orientation
• Strong decision making skills and ability to plan and execute strategies
• Able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Strong initiative and high energy level
• Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
• Computer savvy and comfortable with mobile technology
Founded in 1995, Alternative is a fashion lifestyle brand best known for comfort, simplicity and our commitment to sustainability. Through innovative apparel design and involvement in purposeful causes, we aim to connect people, inspire creativity and catalyze change. We are opening our next retail store in Soho, and we are looking for fashion-minded, customer focused individuals as we build our team.