Front Oyster Bar Cook
- $13.00 - $14.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Are you passionate about seafood? Do you want to be part of a dynamic restaurant environment and a California tradition while deepening your knowledge of seafood while sharing information with others? If so, then The Fish Market wants you to join our team as a cook in our Front Oyster Bar in our San Diego restaurant.
Brief Job Description:
The Cook in the Front Oyster Bar is an essential part of many guests’ experience at The Fish Market. The Front Oyster Bar is responsible for preparing seafood and menu offerings at the raw bar, interacting with guests, and maintaining the Fish Market’s Uncompromised Quality Standards. This is the perfect position for the food professional who enjoys menu improvisation along with guest relations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greeting and interacting with guests in accordance to our Uncompromised Quality Standards.
- Describing menu offerings and customizing according to guests’ preferences.
- Preparing all aspects of seafood including shucking of raw oysters & clams
- Updating daily considerable amounts of menu, food and general restaurant knowledge
- Stocking and cleaning work station
- Two years full service, high volume, casual dining experience; seafood exp preferred
- California Food Handler’s Card
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn the complete Fish Market Menu and customize offerings with ingredients on hand
- Knowledge of all cooking techniques
- Understanding principles of menu pricing
- Experience with cash handling and using POS system
- Able to serve Alcohol
- Ability to stand and walk around a restaurant to supervise operations for8-10 hours
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, and raise arms above head on occasion
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The Fish Market reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive pay + tips
50% Discount on meals in The Fish Market
The Fish Market serves only the freshest catches from waters near, far and everywhere in between. Seafood is our passion, freshness is our mission, and quality is our commitment. Founded in 1976 by a sport fisherman, business partner, boat captain and gourmet chef, we pride ourselves on offering our guests Uncompromised Quality and ensuring that our employees are empowered to ensure that every guest experiences what that means. With six restaurants in the state, we’re a California seafood tradition and we’re looking for great employees to join us.
The Fish Market is an Equal Opportunity and e-Verify Employer.