Love Coffee and Seeking a Work "Family"?
- $11.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
We are looking for one or more happy, proactive individuals interested in building their knowledge of the coffee industry. Those hired should expect to learn our business starting from the ground up. New staff will be trained in all aspects of working in a coffee house, culminating with third-wave barista training. No experience necessary, as we are seeking to hire the personalities that would fit best with our team.
Every one of our staff members are incredibly valuable and we pride ourselves in being positive, customer service-oriented people. As an added benefit, our staff genuinely enjoys working together and acknowledges that without each other we would not, as individuals, be able to perform to the best of our abilities. It is imperative that whomever we hire respects and values working with us.
You would gain experience in the following areas:
- Customer Service
- Food/Drink Preparation
The right person for this position:
- Has predictable availability and can work 5 shifts per week
- Is focused on providing excellent customer service, as maintaining and building our base of "regulars" is our #1 priority
- Is excited to learn and is teachable
- Isn't bothered by having to wash dishes, bus tables or take out trashes (as this is something we all do)
- Loves meeting people and builds friendly relationships easily
- Is proactive and looks for things to do when we hit a "slow" moment
- Lives within a short distance of downtown El Segundo
- Has no plans to leave SoCal in the near future, and can commit to us for a minimum of 1 year.
Bonus points if you:
- Already have a passion for coffee (or can't survive without it)
- Enjoy listening to music all day
- Like hanging out with a bunch of funny, tattooed twenty-somethings
- Expect that work is going to be "work", but that true personal growth occurs during difficult times. And after the difficult times, there are lattes and pastries to soothe the soul. Who can argue with that?
Previous work experience is necessary. Please send your resume as well as a personalized cover letter stating your interest in our company. Submissions without cover letters will be discarded. We look forward to hearing from you!