Trainings / Operations Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
- In partnership with the Restaurant General Managers, responsible for restaurant operations and training to ensure restaurant team delivers exceptional service experiences to our Guests.
Key Results Areas:
- Create a learning environment for all Restaurant Team Members that promotes sales and service success, and internal career growth.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase qualified applicants, including but not limited to actively recruiting.
- Help maintain appropriate staff levels. Be proactive in anticipating labor needs both in the FOH and the BOH.
- Minimize employee turnover rates by focusing on hiring qualified people, taking time to effectively orient new employees, set clear performance expectations, train, coach, and give constructive performance feedback.
- Facilitate implementation and writing of company learning/training programs, follow-up and monitor performance to ensure transfer of learned skills on-the-job.
- Cultivate an environment of open, authentic dialogue with the restaurant team.
- Practice performance management in partnership with the Restaurant General Managers (and HR when necessary) to ensure adherence to employment policies and procedures.
- In partnership with the Restaurant General Managers, assist employees with career development strategies to improve employee retention and build bench strength.
- Manage individual restaurant expenses ensuring budgetary compliance.
- Ensure consistent execution of Company policies and procedures.
- Develop/streamline restaurant processes in partnership with the Restaurant General Managers and Executive Team.
- Manage payroll hours to budgeted payroll percentage.
- Meal plan/free food
- Health insurance for all full time employees
- 401k and vacation pay for all employees after 1 year
- 25% off health club membership
- Sick pay
For more than 22 years, Chef Lisa Dahl has pioneered the culinary scene in Sedona, Ariz. as the executive chef and owner of four amazing restaurants in Northern Arizona's red rock country. Dahl & Di Luca Ristorante Italiano, Cucina Rustica, Pisa Lisa and the newest, most buzzed-about addition, Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill have earned international acclaim.
Dahl was the first to introduce fine dining to the small town of Sedona in the late ‘90s, and she remains the largest restaurateur in the area with accolades spanning the culinary spectrum. In recent years, she is widely credited for Sedona's emergence as a national "foodie destination." Along with being a self-taught chef and successful restaurateur, Dahl is also a best-selling cookbook author and designer, having designed the interiors of each of her restaurants.
She lives by her mantra, “when you cook with love, you feed the soul” and believes that flavors should never be overworked, food should speak for itself and only the best ingredients should prevail.
After shedding her life in the Bay Area and a career in the fashion industry following a family tragedy and the loss of her son Justin, Dahl sought healing and moved to Sedona, a town famous for its healing powers, spiritual energy, and fabled vortexes. Once there, she unearthed a passion for cooking, one she and Justin shared, and a new-found love of fostering memorable dining experiences with simple, fresh and uncomplicated dishes as the centerpiece.
Today, Dahl Restaurant Group welcomes more than 400,000 guests per year across all four restaurants and employs close to 250 people, many of whom have been with the company for 15 years.
Dahl has been a twice featured chef at the James Beard House in New York City. She has sold more than 16,000 copies of her award-winning cookbook, The Elixir of Life. Most recently she beat Arizona's top male chefs for the title of "Burger Battle Champion" in Scottsdale, Ariz., thus qualifying for the 2018 World Food Championships reprising her 2016 win.