Front Office Supervisor
Luxe Sunset Blvd Hotel Los Angeles, CA
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
To increase customer satisfaction and room revenue by maintaining a professional and efficient operation of all Front Office procedures in accordance with the standards of Luxe Hotels.
- Supervises assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan, the fiscal budget, and the company’s short-term and long-term profitability objectives.
- Supervises the delivery and measurement of guest service standards consistent with the established guidelines/brand standards.
- Supervises accountability process for the Front Office; ensures compliance with budgetary guidelines, company policies, established departmental guidelines/standards, and legal requirements.
- Supervises Human Resources responsibilities for the Front Office employees.
- Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Works closely in mentoring/coaching Front Office staff with additional tasks/responsibilities to optimize advancement opportunities available for subordinate staff.
- Monitors Front Office employees’ work schedules, enforces break/lunch schedules, provides early-outs and overtime based on budgetary guidelines, volume, forecasts, and departmental needs.
- Monitors Front Office employees’ activities for quality assurance. Evaluates employee performance and provides coaching when applicable; assists with annual performance evaluations as needed.
- Maintains complete knowledge of, and complies with, all departmental policies, service, procedures, and standards.
- Develops/maintains current knowledge/familiarity with all hotel services/features and local attractions to respond to guest inquiries.
- Provides guest resolution for all issues/concerns beyond the scope of authority designated to Front Office employees, in an expedient and professional manner, exceeding expectations, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Assists the Front Office Manager with daily administrative duties, as needed/requested.
- Promotes a free exchange of ideas among employees to continuously improve guest service and job satisfaction.
- Advises management of any discrepancy, potential security issue, and/or area of concern which may have a negative impact on the department/property.
- Maintains constant awareness of safety and accident prevention.
- Ensures all equipment and work areas are kept stocked, clean, neat, and in working order.
- Inventories supplies and ensures necessary items are ordered, as needed.
- Completes all projects assigned by management in a timely and professional manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with all departments within the property.
- Performs assigned duties during emergencies. Ability to work under pressure, or in an emergency, in a clam and rational manner.
- Assists in training Front Office employees, as necessary, to ensure departmental standards are met.
- Performs all of the functions of a Front Office employee at a high level of expertise, offering technical guidance/assistance as needed.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Keeps supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Attends work as scheduled.
- Follows hotel’s dress and grooming standards.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- At all times, projects a favorable image of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel to the public.
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 30lbs constantly
- Lifting/Carrying: Average weight 30lbs constantly
- Standing/Walking: Constantly
- Kneeling/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Occasionally